View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #19
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
You're closing in two weeks or getting ready to make an offer in two weeks? Closing in two weeks, you must already have your loan started, I would think. If you're getting ready to buy, I would suggest just what I said in first post in this thread. Tell him you have great credit, all the documentation ready, and this is a slam dunk loan for him. You're going to call people to see who will give you the best deal. Tell him you understand yield spread and want to go over the good faith in detail. Tell him you're calling 4 or 5 loan officers to see who will give you the best deal and let him offer an amount. If you get a guy doing it for a point, the next guy might offer to do it for a half point.
We built through a builder, but we're not required to use a specific lender. We have been working with the suggested lender from the builder, but we've had enough problems and difficulty in communication with them that I'd like to look elsewhere. Is it possible to go to someone and get a loan and close on it in a 2 week time period?