View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #28
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Any other questions?
Yes. Did you notice that it is a subjective standard? If the Cyclist percevies it is safest for him to take the lane, he can. Do you ride or commute by bike? There are times when you think it is indeed the only safe way. Was your example doing this? I don't know, but there is also no way for you to know. Your perception from inside your car or truck about what's safe is meaningl;ess. It is the rider's perception that matters.

POint is, I don't disagree that it sounds like he was being annoying, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and be annoyed. Look at it like this, it is just a karmic retribution ofr one of the many hundreds of times that I have been crowded by cars, had things thrown at me, or things shouted at me, have been driven off the orad, have been cut off under so many different circumstances that it is hard to recall them all, or have been almost hit by some idiot driver (not to mention them time I was actually hit by an idiot driver who ran through her own sign to broadside me). And that's just me. Sorry you were annoyed, but your attempt to justify your anger through the handbook (which may or may not accurately reflect the law) and place it all on the cyclist is simply misguided.