Thread: on writing
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
Well, I obviously had a view on this one, and I set it up to be validated, which was what I wanted. Plus, I needed a little vent, I think.

But this was not a mere editor. It was a colleague. One who intended to put his name on the document after his edits. And he and I have a recurring conflict over this. I don't mind if he puts his name on, but I do mind the stylistic edits. I just find them unnecessary and frankly insulting. I'm trying to keep my pride in check, but the truth is he outranks me, so I can't really stop it. I hate his writing style, and I don't like it being interjected onto mine. He is NOT making substantive changes. He actually told me--I think to assuage my feelings of insult--that "the substance is all yours" so it's still your work.

I've had trouble articulating the nature of my concerns in a diplomatic fashion.
Tending to be the smartest person in the roorm time after time is a curse, like rarely being able to give vent to a raging libido.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote