View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #9
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn_stat View Post
When we had first gone through the home as prospective buyers, the builder had left a sheet at the home offering to finish off the basement for one fixed price that was, truthfully, a good deal. There would have been no charges from the electrician except that we asked them for a surround sound speaker system that included speakers on the main floor - my wife is very musical, and loves the idea of piping music throughout the house (they quoted us $300 for the system), and an additional outlet in the mechanicals area ($25). They ended up billing us $200 for a controller for the speakers on the main floor, and $700 on the speakers. It appears they thought the $300 was for the basement speakers, and the speakers on the main floor were an additional $400. The other $100 was for changing standard lights at the bottom of the stairs into 3 canned lights (which we did ask for, but they didn't give us a quote for, so I thought it was a "same as standard" deal) and, of course, the security system.

The reason I'm focused on the security system is because there is no reference to the system anywhere, including e-mail communications. Just the one brief verbal mention of it that I referred to in my earlier post. For the other items, they are items we requested and are found in various documents.
Based on this it seems that a reasonable compromise would be to pay the electrical but have them throw in the alarm system. They should eat that cost if it's nowhere in any addendum. Don't know if they'd accept that. The alternative it seems would be to have them remove everything not in an addendum.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote