View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #32
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
My brother knows Marty pretty well. The grandpa is the real vocal BYU fan. Marty is playing things close to the vest as far as he can tell. Rumors that he has no interest in BYU a while ago my bro. said were completely false. However, he doesn't get the idea it is a done deal by a long shot.

Caveat: Last I talked to him about Haws was a couple of months ago.
I understand that. They are handling this appropriately and having Tyler investigate all of his options thoroughly and want Tyler to make his own decision. They want to ensure that he has the chance to play at the best hoop school that he can, if that is what Tyler wants. I think I understand what they are doing and why they are doing it.

However, when it comes time to committ to a school, I mean not enjoy having grown men kiss the ass of a teenage boy but to make a genuine decision about where he is going to live and play ball and look for a wife, I gurantee you that many of the social, religious and cultural and proximity advantages of BYU, not to mention the deep family love of the place, will begin to reappear in the thought processes of everyone involved a lot more vividly than they are today. If Tyler really wants to go to Stanford or Duke or Utah and those schools have offered I think he will go there. I just know mormons, and I know teenage kids as I was one once. I am fairly confident that in the end Tyler will do the comfortable thing for him. I have seen this play out in the recruitment of other kids in similar situations. I am speaking in probabilities here.

I also think that Rose knows the importance of landing this kid. Rose hasn't failed to land very many top notch LDS kids that he pursues.