View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #47
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
Why would Hall have to be in the top 5 in the Heisman for it to be a better team? When did that have anything to do with the team?
I said that if BYU goes undefeated that it means that Hall is in the top 5 of the Heisman voting. I just don't see how BYU goes undefeated without Hall putting up the type of numbers necessary for him to get to New York. Plus, if BYU is undefeated they are in a BcS bowl and have enough press to get him to New York.

If Hall has that type of season, he should strongly consider bolting to the NFL if he is going to be drafted in the first 3 rounds because I don't know that it will get much better for him. That type of season is probably the type of hype that is needed to get him into the first 3 rounds, kind of like how Alex Smith rode all his hype to a high draft status. Maybe he doesn't have any NFL potential and will be back as a senior.

Of course, if we are comparing teams even if BYU 2008 or BYU 2009 is a better team than Utah 2004, I would still take Utah in any of these comparisons because of the coaching advantage.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote