Thread: We're screwed
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #46
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I am not sure what you are arguing. If you are arguing that Obama's administration should be held liable if the stimulus proves to be a disaster, then I agree (and it will be). If it proves to be helpful, I would assume you agree that he should be given credit for it (and I don't think anyone will know if it helped or hurt for a long time, despite Tex's very premature and naive ramblings).
I disagree on one point. Of course, this being economics, we won't "know" anything for certain, but with that caveat, or recognition in place, we should see if something so massive is having any corrective effect. What we can't "know" is what aspects of the current malaise are attributable to worldwide economic downturn, the collective failed policies of the past and or some misadventure by virtue of the failure of these policies.

If things continue to spiral downward, eventually the public will tire of his spin and there will be some liability heaped upon his administration. However, he appears to be a teflon man in that no blame sticks to him currently. Let's hope the teflon wears off.