View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
minn_stat

minn_stat is on a distinguished road

The descent into stage two of Kiernan’s model began in the late 1950’s and into the 1960’s. Most of western Europe is in stage three, and the United States is transitioning towards it. The result of the experiment is in, and the costs have been huge. I believe it is no coincidence that the same period has been marked by a huge increase in crime rates, rising mental illness rates, and the rise of the welfare state. Gay marriage accelerates and accentuates the disintegration of the family.

WARNING - RELIGIOUS PART COMING
It is no wonder that the First Presidency worded their warning so strongly: “we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.” Are we going to stand up and fight for our society, our children? I want to be able to tell my children and my God that I fought for them. The alternative is to tell them I was too busy trying to keep my lawn mowed, or to earn a bit more money so I could go on that vacation to Cancun, or whatever else it is that I’m focused on at the moment.
END RELIGIOUS PART

Many argue that gays just want the same rights granted to other Americans. As noted earlier, Danish social theorist Henning Bech, himself a gay and a proponent of gay marriage laws, has stated that the goal of the gay marriage movement in Scandinavian nations was not marriage, but social approval for homosexuality. I think it is fairly self-evident upon reflection that this is, indeed, the goal of gay marriage laws for many, if not most, advocates of it. But no one has a fundamental “right” of social approval under duress of law. If so, I need my “right” protected to have everyone approve of my having four children – there certainly are those here in Minnesota who disapprove of that.
minn_stat is offline   Reply With Quote