View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #33
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
you are being difficult. If you want to argue that Powell's been too inconsistent to allow for an endorsement of any consistency, then go ahead and make your argument. No need to hint that the argument exists but back away from it. If you think I'm wrong just say so.
I must be woefully inarticulate today.

I'm asking, is there evidence to your knowledge which undermines your own argument? This is more akin to a law review article inquiry, where the reader and reviewer knows less than the author, but is simply asking the author what else is there?

My query was not an attempt to be difficult. My only suspicion about Powell, he being a politician, is that he may have covered his bases, and we may not be able to discern his true beliefs. Perhaps I am completely wrong, and you have presented the only supportable argument concerning his positions. As best I know, he doesn't have a website with clear policy positions delineating his political preferences, so it's researchers such as yourself, who can discern what his true positions might be. And this is much ado about nothing, as your probable response is you have stated what you believe and what is supportable. I merely wondered, is there anything else, not knowing.