View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post

You're wrong. I never went while it was Rice stadium. I tried to go in '98 but my dad stood in front of the door and wouldn't let me out. So, my first of may experiences at RES was a memorable little trip up in '00 when I went with my brothers to watch the yewts lose to CSU. I think we were in our seats minding our own business for all of about 5 minutes before a yewt clear on the other side of the section stood up and started screaming obscenities at us. Entirely unprovoked, we would have never even noticed him down there if he hadn't have freaked out like that. For the rest of the game we had people throwing stuff at us, flipping us off, obscene, lewd remarks. Not so unlike some of the stuff I saw going down at Dodger stadium last night. Although I have never been...oh, take that back, I have been mooned by a yewt leaving a game up there. His buddy pulled up in a car and he hung his backside out the car window. Ever since '00 I'd say I make it up to RES probably once a season. In the yewts defense, I think the Dodger fans throwing beer at the Giants fans is something that I've never seen at RES...but I did see it go down at the Tostito's Fiesta Bowl.
I don't believe this happened. It is funny how with as many games as I have gone to at RES, I have not seen things this bad.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote