View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #17
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I am in the camp that believes the most likely scenario is Heaps starting as a true freshman. I don't know how good he is but I don't think BYU's answer is Riley Nelson. There is no way Munns or Lark will start that fresh from mission service. Heaps is the guy by default and I think starts as a true freshman. Even though he will have a spring ball to prepare, he will still struggle. 2010 will be a huge rebuilding year for BYU. It is my prognostication that Unga will go pro after his junior year and leave with Hall, Collie and Pitta. BYU will be starting a true freshman qb and breaking in new skill players at every position, sans Oneil Howard and McKay Jacobsen. I think the talent will be fine but the lack of experience will result in 4-5 losses that season and more if Heaps is not as good as we think- which we have learned these top ranked qbs occassional flop.
I agree.

I think Heaps is all that and a bag of chips, but I'm skeptical of starting not just him, but any True Freshman at QB. It rarely goes well regardless of how talented they are. Not to say he won't and can't succeed at BYU or wherever he ends up signing, but it'll likely be a bumpy ride for BYU as a whole in 2010.