View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #11
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I concur.

When I said Plaisted and Cummard same as last year, I meant that as a good thing. But really I expect them both to be a little improved.

The two guys to watch are JT and Jimmer.

JT owns this team. He's the man in charge out there. He's going to take the big shot. He'll take the team on his back when we need it. He'll even get a big steal on defense or haul down the big rebound. Plaisted and Cummard are great college players, but they're complimentary players and neither feel comfortable taking the lead. JT will do that. And to lesser extent Burgess will too.

Jimmer will take until next year but he will be THE guy along with JT very shortly. He hit a couple big three's back to back last night. He has 19 pts, 4 assists, 1 TO, 2 steals in 42 minutes. He had three steals in the last exhibition game. He took the ball at the wing three point line last night faked to the middle, took his man on the baseline, took a dribble and two steps and floated a running 15 footer off the backboard. Ainge had this shot but never took it that deep and never off the backboard. Jimmer looks like he's taken that shot a million times. The guy's game as a frosh is more advanced than anyone I've seen at BYU for quite a while.

Burgess will hold him off for the starting position but that's more a sign of how good he's playing. Both of them would have started last year the way they're playing this year.
One guy BYU lost that I thought could have made a huge difference in those two teams with Raffa was Jake Chrisman. It sounds to me like Collinsworth is a very similar type of player. I also like that he is already vocal that his role this year is to rebound and defend.