View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #39
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
BYU71 pointed out that he can't be a uniter if he can only attract the black vote and the under 30 vote.

It means to me, that by selecting a moderate in McCain, the Republicans may still have a chance. For some reason, we struck upon a potentially winning formula in a losing year.

I've been to several high profile campaign schools in Washington, and one statistic that I remember is the forty percent rule, which holds that any Presidential candidate from either party starts off with 40%. The candidates are merely vying for the middle 20%. You do that with enough cross-over issues to attract the middle.

What cross over policies does Obama have? None.

The reason he should win is that Bush has so f...ed it up for Republicans it takes a miraculous failure for Democrats to lose. And they may have just concocted the formula failure yet again.
I've started thinking McCain could very well win in light of polls that show there is increasing animosity within the dems and that a significant portion of Hillary supporters say they'd rather vote for McCain. Since McCain is a moderate it's not inconceivable you could see a lot of them cross party lines.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote