View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 AM   #8
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
It is not out of context. Not at all. Your definition of "out of context" seems quite odd. Had I given commentary, would the argument have been that I'm trying to "spin" Brigham Young's comments? How is this suddenly about me? I'd rather it not be, but this sort of thing can be par for the course when someone likes a quote as much as you seem to like this one. Your love for it is just oozing out everywhere, you know.

The fact is, I've given plenty of the quote to establish that Brigham Young is, in fact, addressing himself to what little is known about the attributes of deity. His doing so was recorded in the JD.
I am not trying to suggest you wish to distort the quotes meaning ... I'm suggesting that I do not understand the context of your quotation in this forum and that perhaps Solon used the quote to bolster his cynicism, which perhaps is not in context to your original intent, and certainly isn’t the intent behind BY’s words.

Why can I not examine or question yours or any other posters comments/posts without it being identified with Machiavelli? Did I earn this stigma –perhaps- is it fair –perhaps- and maybe just maybe you should ask why I am tinted in your view?

I do like the quote. I do find it interesting. Are you a ute and am I Austin Collie of the Religious Studies forum?

Are we not to debate and examine? Or is the spectre of paranoia the constant companion of such subject matter. Am I tooblue defender of truth; or am I tooblue willing to ask questions, make comments and demand an exchange!

Last edited by tooblue; 11-26-2007 at 12:57 AM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote