View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 04:29 AM   #21
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do not feel bad ...

... most think the same thing. It is purposefully obfuscated by the church so that people think the very same thing you just said you believed. It just isn't so. With the internet and advanced technology, it is too easy for too many people to look for and make the source material available. For someone who really has looked into the matter, when you hear disavowals of the concept, you can't help but shake your head and conclude the person is really just ignorant on this topic or the person is flat out lying.

Send me your email and I will be happy to flood you with a couple hundred pages of concise documentation. After about 10 pages you will realize there are no ifs ands or buts about what Brigham really taught.

I have to say for people reading this that i really am an active member of the church in good standing. i love the church. On this issue as well as some others, I think the leaders meant well by trying to cover up certain things so that people would not become perplexed. The problem is that when the information flows anyway, they metaphrically get egg on their faces. it is bound to happen here or there with such a history as the church has had. I think I would have done some things differently if I had power to direct things, but then again, maybe not. I really don't fault them for the decisions they made and the course they took and I sympathize with the painted in the corned posture they are now in for those who actually look into the issue.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote