Thread: Venkman here
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #11
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman
So I decided Cougarguard is the Student Review of BYU message boards. Anyone remember that paper? I generally thought they were full of crap, but I loved reading it nonetheless.

Been lurking for a couple of months. I find the religious posts very interesting - some of you guys are pretty deep thinkers, even if I think some of the opinions expressed are way off base. It's always good to have something else to consider. Maybe I can add a little bit, but don't count on it, as I'm not as witty or eloquent as many of you.

I like the fact that you don't have to be online here every second to catch the good threads - unlike cougarboard. The sports posts are a little lacking, but hopefully we'll get some good football threads in the fall.

Anyway, good to be here. Go Cougs!
I wrote very briefly for the student review, during its last days (mid nineties). So yes I remember that paper. It was very good when I first started at BYU, in 92. That was when it was genuinely funny. By the end it had become less funny... it had its moments, but for the most part was full of inside jokes and inside stories.

This place can be a bit of both. Student review during its glory days, and the student review of inside jokes and inside stories. On the whole it is pretty cool. Hope you enjoy and stick around.

Cheers,

R.F.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote