View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
yes, I agree. Sorry, I was not clear.

The point of our exercise was to determine a level at which you could say with little degree of uncertainty that the women would, over the course of say 5-10 games, win a fair share.

We were of the opinion that although WNBA champs would be competitive at the HS varsity level (as you state), neither one of us was 51% or more confident that they would win 5 or more of the 10 games. I still stand by that, but of course have zero basis for it, other than attending and watching a few WNBA games in person.

At the JV level, I could easily see it going 50-50, simply because many JV boys weigh 110 pounds, where some of the WNBA centers look like they are 200 pounds.
I don't follow high school basketball other than the tournaments they have here in Vegas.

And some of those teams could defeat some low level college teams. If a Lebron James high school team played the WNBA, I'd take that team as on WNBA has that level of athleticism.

The question of teamwork and knowledge of the game and at what level, disparate athleticism would make a difference. In high school, many players still play stupidly. By college the physicality and knowledge would be far superior.

It is rare for a high school boys team with a winning record to lack several players who can and do dunk. That is not the sole measure, but it would also show what would happen in terms of rebounding.