View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #19
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
When I worked at FranklinCovey we used to play bball in their gym all the time.

The Jazz used to practice there before they built the Zion's Bank Basketball Center.

Back in the day when the WNBA Utah Starzz were in town their players used to come out all the time and on occasion would scrimmage with us,,,,until they got in trouble for doing so...anyway.......it rarely took little effort to beat them.

The only one who would get really physical and upset is Natalie Williams...that girl is a brutish amazon....having said that,,,with her being one of the "WNBA Elite" at the time....even she wasn't that good.
I've never played against WNBA but I played against women college players before, and they had no chance to compete with the guys at my level. I was a starter but not a star for an average 5A Utah HS team. Due to the strength and athleticism difference, a female center would need to be at least 3-4" taller than the male counterpart to matchup in the paint. A solid 6'6" athletic, buff male center would dominate. So based on that, I agree with DDD and infer that a decent HS team could handle the WNBA champions.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote