View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #19
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I am actually in favor of limiting labor supply of low skilled jobs. I believe technology will eventually replace all of those jobs.
It would happen anyway. Let the free market figure it out. I don't think there is any reason for the government to make the call on how and when the economy decides to automate certain jobs because being the government they'll probably screw it up somehow. None of this changes the curious fact that conservatives don't trust the free market in some things even though they pay it so much lip service otherwise. I personally think for most people it's a case of being uncomfortable with the social/cultural changes immigrants make on the country, so they try to find less emotional and economic reasons to explain their opposition to it. As Chinocoug already pointed out, the data currently shows that the level of illegal immigration right now is the lowest it has been in years. When the jobs aren't available, folks don't come, just as you wouldn't move to another state if you didn't think you could get a job there.

Last edited by BlueK; 04-15-2016 at 09:27 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote