View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 AM   #27
Outlier (Later)

Outlier (Later) is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response -- it was an interesting read. I like hearing others' introspections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
What would you propose? That I hit all the Mormon/BYU blogs and forums and promote this site? Why?
Wasn't sure if these questions were rhetorical or intended for me. Probably rhetorical, but in case of the latter... Mainly, I was just curious as to whether it would be seen as positive or negative if more traffic and comments found their way here or if you were happier with the site being a sort of more interactively structured blog. More directly stated, I wasn't sure whether it would be impolite for me to try to start a discussion.

Quote:
Do I think I could potentially benefit from increased volume and participation here? Maybe. Probably. I'm open to the idea. Do I want to rehash everything that has been said here with the same old people that left? Not really.
So it sounds like the door is definitely open then. Appreciate it.

Quote:
There are all kinds of people right now slaving away at some blog that no one reads. Or just a few read.
I'm one of those kinds. Similar to how you've put it, it's basically my journal that I'm okay with people reading (and commenting on). I guess it's navel gazing. I think it would be great if my grandkids pored over it some day. Seriously, I wish my grandparents had blogged. (And fwiw, I usually acknowledge the comments I get, except when they're from my brother; there are some things he doesn't seem to get about online interactions.)

Good to get the lay of the land from you, much appreciated. It turns out it was about five months of good times for me in the pre-ghost version of here -- late '06, early '07. Some interesting memories in there, where interesting = good.

All best,

o
Outlier (Later) is offline   Reply With Quote