View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #36
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Chris Jackson's dad told me last year that they knew exactly what they were getting when Chris decided to play for Majerus and if they ahd to do it all over again, Chris, his dad and mom would do it the exact same way. Contrary to porpular opinion, Majerus never hid the fact that playing for him was going to be brutal.

What he did to Lance Allred was incredibly indecent, but what bothered me most about the entire article was that it came to be 2 years after Allred had left Utah. If Monson was any kind of man, he would have written it when it happened. But he's a coward and a grudge holder.

I agree with Goat and Archaea in the sense that Majerus was a top notch coach and that it was much easier to live with it because he was winning. I don't apologize for nor do I defend his behavior because that's my job to do so. I will, however, say that I'm glad he was at Utah because of what he did for Ute basketball. There are few basketball geniuses and he is one of them.

I also agree that Ute fans didn't like Reid because he put a helluva team on the floor. That guy could coach.
Who's the bigger coward? Monson for writing it 2 years later or Majerus for actually being the one responsible for what happened?