View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #25
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Yep. I have no problem with Bush being held accountable for his decisions, and I'll wager a guess that he doesn't have a problem with it either. They're called elections. That's politics.

I do have a problem with saying Bush is "responsible" for the "awful" situation in Iraq, since I kinda thought it was the terrorists. But since Bush is the world's biggest terrorist, I guess it's sixes.
You have no problem with Bush being held accountable for what decisions? Are you suggesting he has bungled something that has led to a worse outcome than was otherwise necessary (i.e., allowing the situation to become awful)?

It isn't even debatable that those most responsible for the violence in Iraq are those who are shooting each other and the American troops (and not all of them are terrorists like you want to argue). But we knew they were there before we went in, we knew what would happen if we removed Sadaam (and if we didn't, it is appalling), and we had no plan for handling the situation. The situation is much worse now than it needed to be (possibly beyond repair), and the blame for that fact rests on the shoulders of Bush and his administration.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote