View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #20
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
Good grief, man. Expressing doubts about the certainty of carbon dating is not tantamount to openly rejecting reason and scientific research in the world and calling for a return to the year 1100. She wanted more information on the matter before she accepted the process as reliable. Such an inquiry should be encouraged by a champion of "enlightenment" such as yourself.

If, in fact, she is being openly belligerent and willfully ignorant of the facts in order to maintain her view of the world (which I very much doubt), it establishes nothing regarding her status with the board, except that the two of you ought to go out sometime.
This is has all grown pretty silly but FYI she said she'd stick to "educated guess" rather than resort to carbon dating. When I asked her, is that because you believe the world is 6,000 years old?, which in my experience is what makes people wholesale reject carbon dating, things got testy.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote