View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 07:36 AM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
A flat tax would exacerbate income inequality, which is socially destabilizing. Working class white males are dying at an alarming rate from suicides and alcohol poisoning.

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/49/15078.full.pdf

When you have that happening, folks are prone to demagogues like Trump rising to power.

This is one of those "this tax by itself isn't much" games. Then you add them all up...

Income inequality is not the issue; income mobility is. And please don't show me one of those studies which show based on income percentiles the US is worse than Scandinavia. Those income percentiles are compressed so that doesn't mean as much.

We need policies that promote income mobility, overall mobility not mobility based upon percentiles. If we can have income mobility in all percentiles, then if the disparity increases, what the hell.

We need people to understand just voting to tax the up twenty or thirty percentiles is NOT the answer.

We need to limit the growth or stymie the growth of government altogether. Government in terms of growth is a luxury which we can't afford. We can't afford it. We have enough and don't need to grow it. We need to stop hiring government employees when they retire and limit bureaucracies which contribute nothing to the economy.

The estate tax is a punishment. You've worked and managed to save, and now that you save, you now punish somebody for succeeding. Typical liberal. Punish success during life through progressive taxation and punish the hell out of success upon death. Jealousy knows no limits.

I just can't understand the jealousy of the liberal mindset. You hate success. You want everybody to be miserable and Churchhill was wont to say. I want all to be successful, and we need proper incentives and rewards, not continual punishments. We don't need the disincentives for small businesses which a very important element of the economy and society. Yet Liberals and Dems hate, loath and want to destroy small businesses. I represent small business owners and don't understand the loathing liberals and statists have for this vital element.