View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #47
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
How so? The Old Testament is ripe with protocols, rituals, passages, lineages, etc, Jesus came said he fulfilled all things prior and commissioned all to simply, love God above all else, and love your neighbor as thyself.

Interestingly enough priesthood is the power to act in the stead of God, to bind on earth and in heaven, are love and compassion not the real ways to 'act in the stead of God?'

Is love not what binds us eternally? Love is what the Holy Spirit of Promise is, it's the eternal and universal force that drives the world. I remember thinking on my mission that the power of the priesthood was the power to change molecules, to commission sickness to dissipate, to command the angels, in reality, it's the commission to love unceasingly and eternally those we know, and those we do not know.

Lest we forget, it is not tokens, nor signs, that garner us entrance into the presence of God, it's unceasing love and devotion to ourselves and our families.

This in no way dissipates or lessens the dogma of the LDS church, I think the doctrine found in canon and in the words of our prophets current and of years gone by speak the language of God.
so how do you tie this in with the Restoration that you say you believe in? So John the Baptist came down and gave Jospeh Smith love? Peter, James, and John confered love on Joseph Smith?
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote