View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 02:09 AM   #8
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
A plastic pop-up site just doesn't do it for me.
I have heard they are performing well at holding zero, we will see, but at the cost it is worth a try. I can't seem to justify $260 for a set of Troy Battle Sights, but I am sure I will end up with a pair of these as well.

Quote:
Do you think a CTR is that much better than a normal 6-position stock?
Much better, the fit and finish is tighter and I trust it to not slip much more than a standard 6. Worth it.

Quote:
How much is the LWRC SABR? Looks to be hard on the wallet.
$3000. Plus, then you add $1500 glass to that, so yea, it is some coin. It is a gas piston system, so that is a plus. Although, LMT will start production of a 7.62 NATO, so I may wait for that to come out. Decisions, decisions.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see where the 6.8 goes from here.
Remington really screwed it up with the release of the SAMMI chamber. The balistics were all screwed up from the beginning and it under performed badly. With the release of the DMR-C chambers it is performing incredibly. Had the DMR been in the beginning, in time for the testing the military asked for, I have little doubt it would have been adopted and ammo would be readily available. For now I think I am on hold with this round.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote