View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:06 AM   #116
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
4. What did the plates actually contain?

Despite being accused of "appealing to the masses," the question of how the early Saints thought of the plates is a relevant one. Without looking at them ourselves, we cannot really know what was on them (indeed, we've even seen a bone-headed allegation that they never existed). So, the opinions of the people closest to the plates' translator matter. It's stating the obvious to say that they believed the Book was a translation of what was actually on the plates.

I know of no reading of any history or journal or publication from that period to suggest that any of the believers thought it contained anything else. Perhaps they were all wrong, but they got their impressions of what it contained from the 11 witnesses and from Joseph. This is not a logic proof, but it does make sense.
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. Are you saying that because the BofM gives us perfect KJV for the Isaiah chapters, that the Isaiah passages on the plates were written so that the KJV was the exact translation of what was on there? Isn't that somewhat of a paradox?

Last edited by BlueK; 09-26-2007 at 04:18 AM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote