Thread: Gay bands
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #28
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Okay I admit that the gay Chicago is the eighties Chicago. I have only heard 25 or 6 to 4 of the old Chicago which I think is a great song. So I have to admit that old Chicago is probably not gay, but the old time fans must have been miserable when they heard the horrors visited upon the ear by teh 1980's Peter Cetera ballad orgy and witnessed the wreckage to the legacy of the band.
It was pretty tough, I must admit. I would stop by the store and buy the newest album hoping for something like the early stuff and then get 6 different variations of "hard habit to break" or somesuch. Pile of crap indeed. The real turning point was Terry kath's death. He was the edge to the band. AFter that they had nothing to give them the edge and they all got softer and softer being only encouraged as their bank accounts continued to swell. Even so, thier early stuff was excellent and, compared to what else was out there, was very innovative and interesting musically.

I iwll alos say that even through the 90s they put on a pretty good concert. LAtely, however, even that has been lost. I last attended a concert last year that they put on with Huey Lewis and the News and came home having enjoyed Huey much more than Chicago, which was a disturbing turn of events for me on mnay levels.