View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #85
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Re: Collie. I grew up in Utah, I've met a lot of people who believe what Collie said. I guess I've met enough assholes to think that he believed what he said. But, I don't know him, so I'm not sure. But, if I were a betting man.....

I had a seminary teacher who said that the 84 season was part of the latter day work.

He also said that the football program was a second set of missionaries.

A kid down the street questioned my faith on numerous times because I wanted byu to lose on saturdays. Now we were both 10-13 during this time and I guess he could have thought this up on his own, but I'm guessing his mullah parents had something to do with it. Actually, I found out this guy died a few years ago and left 3 kids. Sad.
(And for the record, I could have kicked his ass if I had wanted to. He was a wiry twerp).

A guy in the ward saying that god really did want them to beat ucla in the bowl game.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law (who are zoobs) were seriously shocked that a member in good standing could not want "the church to win on saturday". They chilled after I'd been around enough and they realized that I could be an ok fellow and still loathe the y.

I'll likely think of others while driving home.
If you don't think there are a lot of people that really believe what collie said, you aren't paying attention, or you haven't lived in mormon-land.

It's similar to all the Mitt will help usher in the 2nd coming in the recent primary frenzy.
Replace Mitt w/ Lavell/Gary/Bronco. It's the same idiotic attitude.
I bet they're the same people who believe one of the Three Nephites helped them change a tire.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote