View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #7
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default I was afraid the refs were going to call a foul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
To go into the Pit and beat UNM is the best win of the Dave Rose era yet. Far more impressed with BYU winning tonight than I was with either thrashing of UNLV or the win at Air Force last year. That was a ballsy tough victory. When is the last time BYU had a road win over a team that will probably finish in the top 40 of the RPI?

BYU should win out through the regular season to win the MWC outright at 14-2. If they do that and make it to the MWC tourney semis, I think they are looking at an 8 seed. Make the championship game and it is probably a 7. Win out the rest of the year and it is a strong case for a 5 seed and 6 at the worst.

I thought a few weeks ago that there were three things that BYU has yet to do under Rose. They were beat UNLV in Vegas, win at Cox Arena in San Diego over the Aztecs and win that elusive first round tourney game. I thought it likely that 2 out of the 3 would be accomplished. If I had my pick the best two would be the tourney win and beating UNLV in Vegas in that order.

I think I am pumped. Very solid win and a sign of mental toughness that the program has been lacking.

Brethren, somebody is livin' right!

Trent Plaisted...I love you man!
on that last attempted tip in.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote