View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #24
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Probably at this point, given my old age, yes. Equal age? I don't think Jimmer would outquick me. He would out- everything else me however.

I play against a guy at work--he's about 5'7" and quick as hell. He has all kinds of moves that Jimmer does not have, and he shoots out to about 25 feet.

For example, this guy can drive full speed in two steps, then step back in one fluid motion and hit a 3. Sorry there ain't a guy on the whole BYU team with that move. (and no I can't guard it--I give him the drive and take away the 3).

You're kidding yourself if you think Jimmer is in some sort of quickness category beyond anything that's on the playground.
I used to play with a bunch of guys in the mornings. I am no good, but some of these guys seemed awfully good to me. Young, quick, and strong. One day a former BYU player started playing with us. His name was Jared Miller - a big forward that played in the early 90's. He played in Europe professionally for six years. Anyway, he came in and made everyone look silly. When he played at full capacity (he coasted a lot to be nice), he could destroy everyone. I had the honor of catching one of his elbows right in the eye. I had a glorious shiner for a couple of weeks.