View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Some of our greatest leaders would beg to differ.

I think you have a warped sense of what it meanst to be "successful" as a politician. Would you argue to be a successful lawyer you have to be a miserable lying cheat unconcerned with justice?
Most of the attorneys I know are reasonably honest, and whether another is honest or dishonest won't affect my honesty, but it will affect how I deal with the dishonest ones. They just work harder but some of what "honest" lawyers do appears dishonest to nonlawyers. And maybe in the grand scheme of things, we are generally dishonest while honest under the rules of our profession.

However, there are competitive lawyers who are extremely dishonest and they usually do not get caught.

I'm not familiar with "Great Leader" except Kim Il Song of North Korea and I don't find him to be so great. I'll that appellation toward any human being with a grain of salt. I'd replace the term of "great" with "successful".

And I really don't care what the rhetoric of any person is, who is speaking for public consumption. I don't care if it's GBH, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Bo Jackson, or Sir Charles, public consumption rhetoric is not truth, but meant to manipulate. Look behind the bullshit.