View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I don't trust realtors as far as I can throw them. I work with brokers everyday on the commercial side of things and they all have silver tongues. At least the good ones anyway.

New home starts are down. So exsting home sales should see a rise. But prices are leveling off. A lot of money has moved in from out of state where the housing boom was more pronounced than in Utah. But that will slow considerably as those areas have cooled and a price correction is being made. I'd disagree that the Utah market has had steady growth. The spike may not have been as drastic as in California but it was hardly steady either. Even with some of the new business and the Church's rennovation of downtown I still don't believe that Utah has enough jobs to sustain the growth. In fact I have friends who work in short sales and pre-foreclosure deals who are making substantial amounts of money. And they are excited. If they're excited, it's because the market is turning.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote