View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #11
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Notice I didn't say that I support deporting all the illegals. I think we should work with the law abiding illegals to do something to help them gain legal status.

I'm just trying to get Cali to explain his comment that many Repubs don't want to be compassionate. He made the accusation so I'm calling him out and the best way to get a liberal like him to explain himself is to make a comment like I did.
Fair. No you did not say that. apologies.

I think that the answer to your question....the REAL answer.....can be found in the article. This is more an issue of latent racism than people being offended that someone didn't obey the law. As the NYC lawyer pointed out, if people are so up in arms about obeying the law, why don't we round up other similar non-violent offenders?

The overwhelming majority of economist agree that immigration helps our economy. While income taxes are NOT paid, sales taxes are paid. And these illegals cannot claim social security benefits when they are older.

US companies are already off-shoring more and more jobs because domestic labor is too expensive, so the argument that illegals take jobs doesn't ring very true. Americans are not applying for or wanting the jobs that most illegals do, anyway.

I think compassion would require any and all talk of any sort of sweeping deportation. Deportation is ridiculous. It doesn't work. Ideally, it is a great fix--let's find them and toss them out. Practically speaking, what a dumb idea. It makes as much sense as fighting "terror." Let's get over the fact they are here and figure out 2 main things: what to do with those that are already here and how to organize the continual future inflows of immigrants.

The person who lacks compassion is the one who is a dogmatist and cannot see the human aspect of the issue...in other words, "the law is the law....they broke they law....kick them out." That lacks compassion.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote