View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 04:29 AM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
What languages does he speak? That only says that he speaks 5 languages but doesn't list them.
Well they might mean since he's a world renowned Egyptologist that Egyptian is one, although typically most don't consider deciphering Egyptian as speaking it. I deciphered a few lines from the Book of the Dead, does that mean I speak it? Of course not.

I've read a bit of ancient Greek, but do I have any certifications a la Solon or Chapel Hill? Of course not, and so forth.

To truly master and speak another language can require a lifetime of study and devotion. To master five can be done, if one stays within the Romance languages and adds a Germanic language.

However, try mastering a Germanic, a couple of Romance, some Semitic languages, and some Asian languages and the brain goes almost haywire.

Given the fact that Pastor Wright toured with wacko Louis and Ghadafi, one might imagine he's studied Arabic. In light of his Marxist tendencies, loathing of America, would you be surprised if he didn't study Arabic, Russian, Korean and some others?

The Chicago Divinity School doesn't specify which languages are necessary for nonbiblical studies, only that Greek and Hebrew are required for studies of biblical studies.

Last edited by Archaea; 04-29-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote