View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 04:18 PM   #2
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ....

heres what i know.....

since we are a small community ill give you a rundown of the people i know on the team.

i know an offensive starter, a defensive starter, 2 key special teams people, and a staff member on the team. (not coaching staff)

2 of the people i know im very very very close with. one ive known since i was 5, the other is my sister in laws brother. the other 2 ive met through the first 2 but ive forged a strong relationship with them.

basically here is the run down, from what ive heard. bronco seemed unapproachable when he first came to byu. you couldnt show weakness, you couldnt goof around, you couldnt talk to him, basically he was a hard ass and he wanted hard ass people around him. hes since softened that stance from what theyve told me and hes much more approachable now.

half of the people i know absolutely dislike him, half of them love him. the defensive player loves him to death, the offensive players dislike him. and felt bronco created a division between offense and defense over his first couple of years.

ive talked to 2 of the guys since the bc game and both think theyll be ok, but are worried that a few guys will jump ship quickly. some think he is too preachy and philosophical, others think he is too literal. from what im hearing he is the type of guy that some love and some hate and depending on your personality you either mesh or you dont. there are a group of players upset that walkenhorst has been allowed to play. some think bronco is being a hypocrit since dude was dependent for so long.

in reality the problem on the team is leadership, they have zero leadership except maybe cam jen...so there is no buffer between the coaches and the players. beck is not well respsected, watkins walks around like hes the man, tahis role is limited and isnt outspoken, manaia brown is another quiet type guy, the offensive line is fat, soelberg freakin sucks, and im hoping cougarmom doesnt read this, but people tire of curtis brown. dude talks to much from what im hearing. (and you know how lds people dont like it when people not born under the covenant are outspoken moral types after their baptism).

as far as buying into his system, i think the team realizes that you cant be successful with strictly lds kids, and kids who recruit byu. hes an inspiring dude but it gets old. and yes some are afraid of him.

i dont know if that answers any of your questions or if that just makes things cloudier....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote