Thread: Movie Quotes
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #28
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

"A Mighty Wind' was the latest movie from Christopher Guest and crew. They are all mockumentary type movies. They have a good following but don't last real long in the movie theaters. If you A Mighty Wind is the only one you have seen from this group of movies, run to the video store and rent these two:

Best in Show--a mockumentary of the Dog competition scene:
"I went to one of those obedience places once... it was all going well until they spilled hot candle wax on my private parts."

"[a father is trying to get his son down off the roof] I'll gouge your right eye out with my thumb, I shit you not, you little freak! Now, will you get down here? I'm gonna punch you in the eye till it turns to jelly! I'll stab you with forks till you bleed, how bout that?

And one of my all time favorite quotes: "Leslie and I have an amazing relationship and it's very physical, he still pushes all my buttons. People say 'oh but he's so much older than you' and you know what, I'm the one having to push him away. We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about."

After you watch 'Best in Show', rent the all time classic 'This is Spinal Tap.' This movie started it all. After you see that, rent 'Waiting for Guffman' which was the 2nd installment. So, the movies go like this in the order they were made:

1. Spinal Tap--hard rock mockumentary
2. Waiting for Guffman--community play mockumentary
3. Best in Show--dog competition mockumentary
4. A Mighty Wind--folk music mockumentary

A new one is supposed to come out in a year or so. Enjoy.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote