View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:48 AM   #56
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
If there is something grossly out of line that the bishop is doing, then it might be appropriate for someone to voice their concerns to the high counselor or stake president (I'm not sure who is the appropriate contact here).
And once the concern is voiced, there is not much more than you can do.

And I am aware of only one instance, in a locale not in Vegas, where something went higher. The reason? It involved an indiscretion of a stake president, so a concern needed to be filed with his file leader. Whether it was fruitful or not, I do not know. But the person about whom the complaint was made, later ended up working together with the complainer, so ultimately all hard feelings, if any, were forgiven.

It's okay to voice concerns if you know of things of significant importance. The question is, what is of significant importance?

For you denial of temple recommends would be it.

For somebody working with African American converts, ignoring matters sensitive to them may be.

Having worked within the bureaucracy of the Church, if you wish to be successful, not just make a noise, it must be done delicately. A noisey production almost always fails. I've never seen a noisey matter get resolved to the complainer's satisfaction, but I have seen quiet matters resolved in a positive fashion.