View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #29
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Spaz, although prices have gone up, it really isn't all that costly to get things going.

My parents ward/stake put together a big group order of wheat, beans, and other grains and stuff. I think you can also buy such stores from the church itself, depending on your area.

If you wanted, you could propably organize a group order yourself.

If food shipments stopped, in most cities, all food would be gone in a week. That's how tenuous the supply chain is.

I'm pretty prepared I think. Besides anti-Mormons, also on the bottom of my list of people to help would be Mormons who bragged that they do not have any food storage, while at the same time have lots fo money. I think I might offer to take in their kids, but I would put the parents on the bottom of the list. The kids didn't choose their parents.

The fact is that the prophets have spoken, but very few Saints have listened on this topic. The time is now.
It's been heavy on my mind lately, so I think I'll get a move on it. We're not wealthy enough to just go out and get a year's supply right now (nor do I think the church wants those in our position to compromise our finances by doing so), but I think we can work on building up the supply a little bit at a time. My older brother moved a few years ago, and when he got to his new house he simply spent a few thousand dollars and had an immediate one-year supply.

My parents have enough to feed all the family in the area (Utah) for some time, so I'm not completely unprepared.

I have a very good-sized crawlspace in my house. It's perfectly designed for food storage, so I've got some room for it.

The hardest part, IMO, will be the water. I really don't want millions of soda bottles stashed in my basement, but I also HATE spending money on something that's free....

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote