View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #31
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
That's right. I'm bitter. I'm bitter about the fictional and deranged view of the world I was fed for 21 years. I'm bitter you teach these fictions as if they were history to youth.

So your response to me is to link two articles about 12,000 year old ruins in Turkey. In Turkey!

I have a challenge for you. I've said there's no evidence to support the Book of Mormon. None. I could marshal a great deal that goes the other way including "translated" text that was cribbed from the KJV, talk of horses and steel, etc. You want to have it both ways. You don't want to abandon claims of historicity and still hold out for some occult archeological dig with all the old world animals and implements of steel and gold books described in the B of M. Just give me a mustard seed of evidence. Give me a speck. No one would give it fair consideration like I would, I promise you. I bet you can't do that.
You are lost in a vindictive cycle of show me histrionics. I linked to the articles as an abstract connection to support the reality that there is no certainty in the knowledge of ancient peoples –even your beloved Mediterranean cultures. In this very forum you have unwittingly supported the notion of uncertainty with your citing of the numbers of Visigoths who may have sacked Rome!

You don’t want evidence; you want your innocence back. I can’t give either to you. Search, ponder and pray –or don’t. But don’t pretend that your mythos is anything more than a fictional and deranged view of the world ... such arrogance is unhealthy.

Last edited by tooblue; 06-03-2008 at 04:17 PM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote