View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU vs. Utah 2011

As crazy as it sounds, after BYU blows out Utah in the Huntsman, BYU did not play a great game.

But I think that tells you how bad Utah is. They are AWFUL. Silly turnovers galore. A point guard with the handles of a band nerd undergoing a seizure. Just stupid passes, and guys not catching passes. And passes so bad you don't know even know who they were directed to.

This was my first time to see the Utes play this season, and one thing is clear in my mind. Boylen is gone. Boylen is a terrible coach. You look at this team, and ask yourself, are they playing to their potential? Do they show evidence of being well-coached? Is the sum greater than the parts? The answer is NO to each of these questions. Boylen--terrible hire, bad coach. Going to be out of a job.

Jimmer--wow. When he goes all playground, and can't miss, it is very fun to watch. We are seeing a once-in-a-generation BYU player. The best since Ainge. You think of the truly stellar players--Durrant (whom I never saw play), Ainge, Michael Smith--and now Jimmer. There are some older guys too, like Kresmir, but I've never seen any video on them. Truly special. I hope you guys are catching some games, because they are fun.

I thought I detected some mild resentment from teammates at the end. Like Emery not giving the ball to Fredette. Something to keep your eye on.

I say it was not a good game by BYU, because especially at the beginning, the defense and rebounding was poor, the shot selection was bad. Lethargic.

The SDSU game is going to be epic. And New Mexico in the Pit.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote