Thread: womens soccer
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I enjoy following the program. However, I am not a fan of the offensive scheme used by BYU. It doesn't allow for enough indirect play and BYU players tend to lack the ability to break down defensive players in the final third of the field.
I think that describes how they've been most of the time in the past, but from what I saw, I didn't think that was the case with last year's team during the second half of the season especially as the younger players came around. The offense last year I thought was less about long ball and more precise, while still taking advantage of their speed. It was the defense that was the main weakness last year I thought. The team last year was also very young, with the freshmen and sophomores seeming to be the more talented players on the team.

They just beat Arizona 3-2 in an exhibition and start off playing in Hawaii tomorrow against a top 25 Cal team, followed by playing #3 Stanford late on Monday. It will be interesting to see how they do against these two very legit opponents on a neutral field.

Last edited by BlueK; 08-20-2015 at 07:48 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote