Thread: Another tragedy
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #25
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I am not a cyclist, so I ask honestly...are there really cases of road rage against cyclists? What causes it? What do cyclists do that get drivers so upset?

I have passed groups on the road several times. I live in an area that has a decent amount of undeveloped land (at least for South County), so the main roads are not highly trafficked. I cant tell you how many times I have seen a group ride by....about 50 or so strong. I always think it looks cool because there are so many of them.

I just drive by them and go about my business.

Why do these other cars try to hit the riders?
I'm lucky that I live in an area where there are miles and miles of empty roads and for the most part people are very friendly and curious to cyclist but about once a year I will have a truck full of teenage boys buzz me or throw something at me. I will always be riding alone and their will be nobody else around. Three kids in a 5000lb truck up against one person in lycra on a 17lb bike is not very brave. I don't worry about myself getting hit but I do worry about my son serving a mission getting hit. If their is an even bigger target then cyclist I would guess that two young men riding in suits would fit that bill.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote