View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 01:18 AM   #19
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post

Carson: Flat tax, also insane.

Rubio: Only wants to cut the top rate to 35% from 39% (Clinton promised 36% when he ran), and wants to give the middle class a bigger cut. Great that he recognizes inequality is a growing problem. But he always wants to eliminate capital gains and inheritance tax. He'll be just like W. Bush. Irresponsible.

Gingrich, like Clinton, spent money where it mattered, like doubling NIH funding. And he recently said we should do it again. The government needs to make necessary investments in health and R&D.

What is insane about a single rate tax? To me, that is inherently the most fair tax there is. I never have understood why liberals favor a progressive income tax.

I understand we might not be able to eliminate certain taxes but you are being disingenuous.

The Inheritance tax only collects about $40 Billion, with a multi-Trillion Dollar budget, that is peanuts, but it is a rich person tax so nobody cares.

Cutting the capital gains tax is in line with what most industrialized countries do. It does stimulate investment.