View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 11:59 PM   #45
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I probably missed other posts Indy made on the subject, but here in this thread he simply suggests that Bronco's gospel approach was born of environment of distrust by the admin, BOT, and program donors. It also suggests that this wouldn't have been Bronco's natural style, but one that he was kind of forced into.

Wouldn't this suggest to you that since non-football people are the one influencing this style, that it's highly probable that this style does not maximize the football program's potential and W-L record long term?

If non-LDS are complaining and Bronco has wrestled power away from Samuelsen and Eyring (I'll just say it, I know I'm going to hell anyway, might as well be direct), then now is the time to bring the football program back full circle into a return to glory Lavell style managed program with non-LDS and luke warm LDS having a full seat at the table.
The whole notion that he is being forced into something contradicts the fact that his system is innovative in it's approach with regards to managing the players and the program.

I think it is naive to believe he was forced -rather I suggest he IS a willing participant.

Furthermore, this notion that the program must some how recapture the magic of the Lavell years is fundamentally flawed. This program cannot recapture that era, we can't go back in time; no matter how much you or I or any one else wants to. This program can only go forward and forge it's own identity in this new era.

To be blunt I relish the idea of a new era and new identity ... while cherishing the memories of days gone by. It's time to move on!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote