View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 05:55 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Swarthout View Post
I read a post on the Bloggernacle comparing the Church's Prop 8 support with Zion's Camp. In many ways, Zion's Camp was a disaster -- several men died from disease and they failed to accomplish their stated goal. It was successful, however, in enabling JS to find dedicated followers who were willing to march from Ohio to Missouri following a guy with zero military experience. JS really knew who was devoted to him.

Prop 8 may be the same. The church's support is totally inexcusable, a PR disaster, and will ultimately result in the failure of its stated goal (DDD is right. If Prop 8 passes, it will get challenged, and it will get struck down). But it allows the church to find out who has drank the most kool aid. Just watch, many of those who are leading the Prop 8 charge will get the most prestigious callings in the future.
Interesting thoughts and you may very well be right about future leaders.

However, I was just wondering why those who put Prop 8 out there to begin with did so. The LDS church certainly supports it, but didn't get it on the ballot.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote