View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick
Default Priesthood commemoration report....

I actually had alot of fun.

Took my fly fishing gear up. My 1st couns. in my YM Presidency and I are fishing buddies. The camp that we went to had a pond stocked with blue gill, crappie and catfish. I caught about 50 fish in 2 hours. There were a bunch of YM from the stake that came over and watched us. (We did this on a Stake level...) So we took the chance and taught about 20 kids the beginnings of Fly Fishing. They dug it and we had them all cast and strip until they all caught some fish. It was fun.

Went to bed around 10 P.M. woke up at 5 P.M. to cook pancakes, eggs and bacon for 300. I love to cook man.

Left camp at about 8 A.M. to take a 3 mile hike to go fly fishing with a couple of buddies and caught this killer. It was 13" of fun. (If you know anything about fishing native trout, they are special regulation fish: Barbless hooks, catch and release, no bait fishing areas. A fish this size is considered a monster in a creek of this size. Killer fish.)

And here is a picture of me with this sexy beast...

A good time all around.

Tick

P.S. - A funny side note about the Priesthood Commemoration. The LDS church has been told we can never use this camp ever again. Because parents decide to bring their kids to bond with them, but never spend anytime watching them. 1 kid undammed the fishing pond and let out over a foot and a half of water before my buddy and I realized what he had done. 2 kids burned a half cord of wood in 20 minutes after the testimony meeting when everyone else was getting their hot chocolate and rice krispy treats. I went outside and they had a bonfire with 30-35 foot flames. Scary moment. But hey....all the dads were in the dining area shooting the bull when all of this was going on.

Glad they were spending time together!