View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #3
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well ...

... there definitely would be a pre-existence. The PE would just be the 'beginning' point for the new eternal round. One eternal round consists of the PE, birth, mortality, death, spirit world, judgment, resurrection, and finally a degree of glory. When those who would like to progress further make the decision to do so, they "fall" from their heavenly glory and go through another eternal round in an attempt to progress further towards godhood. The degrees of glory at the 'end' of one eternal round would become the 'pre-existence' for the next eternal round (with its grand council, creation of physical earth to fall to, etc.). It just keeps going around and around, with some souls progressing and some souls degressing (which sort of would explain 'Jacob's ladder', the vision Jacob beheld at Beth-el). Let me point out, I do not necessarily belive this, I am just explaining how it works in the AG context. I actually do not have a firm belief on this. I am open to all of it.

In AG (or some of its variants), to be spiritually begotten is not necessarily to be born as we think of it is a physical sense with a newborn baby. Rather, to become a spirit child of God would be to take his name upon us. When we take the name of Christ upon us, he becomes our "father". Presumably, Adam had legions of us dedicate ourselves to him (as we now do with Christ - because Adam acted in the capacity of Christ previously). Adam became an exalted father (a God the Father, so to speak). In the next eternal round for Adam's posterity (any exalted father has their own spin off eternal rounds, etc.), his preeminent begotten spirit son is annointed the Christ for the next go around. In this mortal existence, Jesus gained all things and will advance in the next go round to the exalted position of a God the Father, to those who have become spiritually begotten to him (i.e., each of us). One of 'us' will be the preeminent spirit child of Jesus and will be annointed the Christ for the new world planned in the grand council of the pre-existence.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote