View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Chapel-Hill-Coug

Chapel-Hill-Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chapel-Hill-Coug's Intro:

I'm finally getting around to realizing that I haven't introduced myself to the board, so here goes:

I'm originally from Sanpete County, Utah.

I was homeschooled until the 9th grade (no lie).

Served an LDS mission in Texas, Fort Worth (English Speaking) from '94 to '96.

Did my undergrad at BYU in Classics and Political Science (double major), where I read a ton of Greek and some Latin and Hebrew.

Entered a Ph.D. program in Religious Studies at UNC Chapel Hill. Currently, I am taking time off from school, but have finished my Masters degree and all coursework toward the Ph. D.

I am now managing a business that my wife and I own and she operates (in Lindon). I also participate in the business, offering one of its services. Between this, I am able to stay home (I live in south Utah County) and take care of my 4 year old daughter. When she goes into first grade, I plan on pursuing any teaching opportunities I can find, though I'm probably limited to Utah Valley for those opportunities. Whether any of this means that I write a dissertation and finish my Ph.D. is still undecided.

My academic interests are Early Christian and Jewish history, LDS history, and the history and methods of Science.

My personal interests are Photography, Hiking, Movies, playing video games now and then, and Poker.

Let me know if there is anything I left out that you want to know.
Chapel-Hill-Coug is offline   Reply With Quote