View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #36
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Source is Mike's source.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/print?id=1322866

Sometimes, unlike you, I actually read the links provided. I doubt they have article reviews summarizing the article, so I guess you're out of luck.

My objection to the techniques is pragmatic. They don't work.

However, if somebody is to act histrionically, I wish to examine the cause of the histrionics. For example, since I did not believe our country would condone wide-based wide-use of "torture", I decided to have an open mind to examine Mike's sources provided by him.

The language of his source stated, even the harshest critics, admit it was tightly controlled. It didn't sound like a country on the verge of becoming tyrannical. In fact, it appeared to be a nation intellectually considering it from all options. Some, like Mike, object to it in all its forms and at levels. Others who are closer to their Grecco-Roman empirical roots examine the cost benefits.

As an observer of the governmental process for more than thirty-five years, I note, and I suppose I could dig up some papers to support it, that it is naive to believe governments will behave the same way as individuals, nor should we expect it.

Secondly, civil liberties extend to citizens and lawful aliens. Nonlawful aliens should not receive the same liberties, especially enemy combattants. Because torture does NOT work, it should not be used.

As a warrior soul hearkening back to my cultural roots of Grecco empirical rights, I am comfortable with my position, and find the positions of others understandable but naive.
Wasn't it revealed that the intelligence extracted via waterboarding with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was very accurate?

Furthermore, the link you provided indicates that all waterboarded information was cross-referenced against the information given by other inmates, so it wasn't exactly accepted on blind faith.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote